If you are experiencing problems with a Federal agency (i.e. have not received a response on a case filed with a Federal agency, have been treated unfairly, or are uncertain of the process in filing a grievance), my office may be able to assist you. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 30th Congressional District of Texas can request assistance with a federal agency by completing a Privacy Act Release Form. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Please complete the form below (signature required) and mail to my District Office (1825 Market Center Blvd. Suite 440 Dallas, TX 75207), fax (214-922-7028), or hand-deliver. A member of my Constituent Services team will contact you and request additional/supporting documents upon receipt.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Social Security number or Alien Registration number is required;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Receipt number, Alien and Passport number, copy of birth certificate for Immigration/USCIS problem;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
indicates information that you need to provide.