Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

U.S. Representative Eddie Bernice Johnson, Representing the 30th District of Texas

Agency Help

If you are experiencing problems with a Federal agency (i.e. have not received a response on a case filed with a Federal agency, have been treated unfairly, or are uncertain of the process in filing a grievance), my office may be able to assist you. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 30th Congressional District of Texas can request assistance with a federal agency by completing a Privacy Act Release Form. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Please download and complete the appropriate form below and return it via mail to my District Office at 1825 Market Center Blvd. Suite 440 Dallas, TX 75207 or fax to (214) 922-7028. The Privacy Act Release Form MUST BE SIGNED and, in certain cases, NOTARIZED in order to initiate an inquiry. A member of my Constituent Services team will contact you to discuss your case and may request additional supporting documents upon receipt.


Please keep in mind that while my office can act as a liaison between a constituent and a federal agency, in no way can my office circumvent the laws, regulations, and procedures set forth by federal law. However, we may act on your behalf to ensure that your case is handled appropriately, efficiently, and in a manner consistent with your rights as a citizen of the United States. Due the office’s role as a federal entity, it cannot assist constituents with issues regarding Texas state agencies or judicial matters.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Social Security number is required for all cases except for USCIS requests where the SSN must be omitted.
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Receipt number, Alien and Passport number, copy of birth certificate for Immigration/USCIS problem;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can easily contact you;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have that support your case.

Download the General Privacy Act Release Form here.

If you are in need of assistance with an immigration issue, please first visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website directly to learn the status of your request. And if you find that you need help from my office regarding a USCIS case, download the USCIS Privacy Act Release Form here.